Add-on How do i install different addons with the same file names?

leedi25

How do i install addons that contain the same file names?

currently im trying to install both Waindigo user upgrading system and the coupon system but the files are named the same, for example in the install folder the file name is data on both addons, so i can only use 1 addon when i need to the 2,

I tried renaming the user upgrades files but the installing system couldnt find my addon due to me renaming it..

any advice?

It'll be a folder that is the same name, I don't think it's a file? Inside the data folder of each add-on you'll see the file names are different.

When you upload the add-ons, it'll simply add the new files in the data folder with those already there.

Pretty sure @Waindigo has files of the same name between add-ons.

Remember him saying overwrite when asked but you should confirm this by asking in the add-on thread.

Last edited:
Some developers use frameworks that are included with all their add-ons.

So, if you install 2 add-ons of them, the common files will have to be either overwritten or ignored (it does not matter, since the files are exactly the same).

How do i install addons that contain the same file names?

currently im trying to install both Waindigo user upgrading system and the coupon system but the files are named the same, for example in the install folder the file name is data on both addons, so i can only use 1 addon when i need to the 2,

I tried renaming the user upgrades files but the installing system couldnt find my addon due to me renaming it..

any advice?
It is fine to override these files, our add-ons use shared files which will be exactly the same. Do not rename any of the files this will definitely cause you a headache.

Top Bottom