XF 2.2 How do I hide admin.php

D500hz

Hi can anyone help how do I hide for example: mydomain.com/admin.php? or make a security to it thank you

If you use Cloudflare, you can protect it upstream of your server before the HTTP requests even get to your server with their Zero Trust Network Access. It’s free if you have less than 50 people that need access (50 admins).

I think you could rename admin.php too if you so required - or at least you used to be able to.

All rather redundant if you're using htpasswd or 2FA. Like putting a plaster on a knife wound.

If you use Cloudflare, you can protect it upstream of your server before the HTTP requests even get to your server with their Zero Trust Network Access. It’s free if you have less than 50 people that need access (50 admins).
I've done this. It works like a gateway where someone attempting to log in is stopped at the Cloudflare border with 2FA and isn't even touching my forums. Once past that, there is also the additional XF login to get to the admin panel.

I think you could rename admin.php too if you so required - or at least you used to be able to.

That requires renaming the php file, editing a few templates, and an addition to the config.php file:

PHP:
$c['router.admin.formatter'] = $c->wrap(function($route, $queryString)
{
   $suffix = $route . (strlen($queryString) ? '&' . $queryString : '');
   return strlen($suffix) ? 'new_admin.php?' . $suffix : 'new_admin.php';
});

All rather redundant if you're using htpasswd or 2FA. Like putting a plaster on a knife wound.

Quite.

You can't "hide" it... but you can protect it.
If you are using nginx for your http server, it will require a different process.
Thank you so much for the tutorials, it's now functioning!

1693939068111.webp

Top Bottom