1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How do i grab the login code to place on another page?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Fixxer, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Fixxer

Fixxer Member

Hey guys,

I have a couple of things i'd like to inquire about.

I was wondering how i can get the login/signup bar/code for xenforo, and place it on the rest of my website.
    I have Wordpress merged with xenforo and it currently only displays the bar on the forums, but i'd like it to be global if possible.

Here's the bar i mean.
    [​IMG]
    A bit clearer:
    [​IMG]

And also, in the same way, i'd like to know if possible how i could the exact same thing for this login/signup button too.

[​IMG]

Any help much appreciated;
    cheers.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The code from the sidebar is this:
    Code:
    <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

3. Fixxer

Fixxer Member

Embarassingly i'm a bit ametuer with this. How would i go about adding it in? I have my wordpress style.css but nothing seems to happen when i throw it in there.

4. Brogan

That's HTML, not CSS.
    You need to add it to the page (template) where you want it to be available.

5. Fixxer

Fixxer Member

After putting it in to a html box for wordpress, it gives me this;
    (minus the blue ccc part)

[​IMG]

I entered;

HTML:
    <html>
    <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>
    </html>

6. Brogan

Syntax for XenForo templates will only work in XenForo templates.

Try looking in the resources for a WP bridge.

7. Fixxer

Fixxer Member

I had a look around and didn't find anything that allows or does this.

I have seen websites have this, but then other people say it's 'impossible',

Does anyone know anything about this?