1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get a clean login screen for a private forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by jcm, Feb 1, 2011.

1. jcm

jcm Member

I'm setting up a private forum where non-members will not have the ability to register. The homepage of the forum is simply a login screen.

I went into my User Group Permissions and set my "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" group to "Deny" for all settings, but that gives me a homepage/login screen that says "Forum Name - Error" with an error message of "You must be logged-in to do that."

How can I get a clean login screen that displays my forum name properly with no error message, and just having the login fields displayed?

login.gif
    (P.S. the red boxes around the name/password fields is from the password manager LastPass.)

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'd likely have to make modifications for that - that's the standard "no permission" output.

3. jcm

jcm Member

Hmmm.... Is there no other way to hide the nodes and registration button from guests?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

At this point, unfortunately no.

5. jcm

jcm Member

Thanks Mike. I'm not a programmer, but can you at point me in the right direction to work on the modification?