XF 1.5 How do I find out node ID?

Stockwalker

I have a template that is associated with a page. However, it is not in the node list. How do I find out the node ID dynamically?

The other tabs to the left of the assessments tab has a node id in the body tag, but the Assessments page does not, so I would gather that is just a custom html page which would have no node id associated with it as it is not a node.

Inspecting the Assessments link in the navbar I see it does have an id of: "assessment-centre-tab", if selected or not, maybe you can use that, somehow? It's the only tab with an id.

For the style, open the PAGE_CONTAINER template
Locate the div with the class of breadBoxTop, and wrap that div (and it's closing div) with this statement:
<xen:if is="{$templateName} != 'Assessments'">
</xen:if>
And do the same for the div containing class="breadBoxBottom"

This is what we at XenFans used to debug a custom resource that someone has installed, but we don't know where it came from or what plugin it might be, or which templates we're looking for.

I would temporary add debug mode true to the config.php file of XenForo, then add the custom url with ?_debug=1 at the end.
I'd scroll down to the bottom where it has a list of internal_data/templates/S.8,L.1,SOMETHING.php, and looking at the custom url, if it would be 'banana', to look for the SOMETHING to match banana (as it usually does). Then I'd turn off debug mode, go into the admincp, and to templates, and enter the found template in the search field there and open it. Hopefully finding what I was looking for.

The reason I offer this as a possible solution to figure out where is what for this custom page, is that I suspect the word 'page' here is what gets confusing. Your site has /pages/ and this particular 'page' on your site does not have the prefix. Implying it's not a node, and that's why it returns with NULL. XenForo has four types of nodes, for links, category, forum, and page. They have their own prefix, unless a route prefix is rewritten or whatever. Your site reflects this, but not this custom 'page'. Which is just a normal website page, it doesn't mean it's a node with type 'page'. They just coincidentally (i suspect) have the same name. I suspect that this is a custom plugin with a template with a callback to some php that reads in the reviews etc.

Maybe the debug trick will help you find the templates, and when you edit the template it should disclose which plugin is using that template (the debug page can also disclose this btw)

I read through the thread here, but am a bit confused as to what you're trying to actually do on the page. Rephrase a word? Add new html to it? Anyway, based on what you want, and knowing which plugin is making this custom website-page for you, might help you figure out where to either customize the phrases, the templates, or how to manage it's content that it seems to dynamically generate.

Thank you very much for everyones help.

But if someone can just tell me how can I remove both the top- and bottom breadcrumbs from this particular page I linked, it would be great!

That's the only reason I asked, I don't really care about the seemingly non-existing ID.

Navigation breadcrumbs template code tends to look along the lines of this:
Code:
<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb href="{xen:link XYZ}">ABC</xen:breadcrumb>
</xen:navigation>

My template code does not contain anything like this.
It's a guessing game since it's a custom plugin. I can only assume and guide you to the right direction. I don't know how the developer put that plugin you're using together, which files do what, or how the templates are used to build the page. I am sorry to hear your developer has stopped responding to you.

Anyway, this is another way to try and find the right templates within the xenforo system.
This has helped me quite a bit in the past to find the templates that has the code i am looking for, use the filter to limit it to the plugin.
Hopefully you find what you're looking for
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom