1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 How do I disable automatic Facebook login?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by fury, Jan 28, 2012.

1. fury

fury Member

I noticed when I opened my browser and went to my forum, it immediately popped up a message that said "Logging in..." and took me to Facebook

I don't want it to do this.

I want it to be a specific "click the Login with Facebook" action before it touches Facebook

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You basically can't. It is essentially single sign-on with Facebook, which is how they want you to implement it.

3. fury

fury Member

Dang. OK, thanks.

Next question...will it at least be smart enough to not force-redirect them to Facebook if they do not have the associated app installed on their Facebook account?

I just converted from vBulletin 3.6, and while I love the idea of adding facebook integration to invite people who only sign up to stuff using Facebook, at the same time, I don't want to scare users who come back to a site that redirects them to Facebook by force. You know, those who are used to just entering in their own login and password as they always have.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It only auto-logs you in if you actually associated your forum account with FB (and you last logged in via that association).

5. fury

fury Member

Ah, OK. That's what had me worried. Thanks!