How do I delete or remove someone from a Conversation here that I have started?

HydraulicJack

I started a private conversation and invited a user whom I thot was my Admin on another board. Turns out that's not the case, so... since I started the Conversation here in the XF forum, how do I remove that user from the conversation?

Thanks!

Unfortunately you can't.

You can leave the Conversation yourself, but you can't remove others.

Was the contents of the Conversation sensitive? If so, you might want to contact a moderator here. Add them to the Conversation and they will at least be able to edit its contents, but, unfortunately the default behaviour is that users will receive an e-mail when a Conversation is started so chances are, whoever you sent it to has already read the contents!

Unfortunately you can't.

You can leave the Conversation yourself, but you can't remove others.

Was the contents of the Conversation sensitive? If so, you might want to contact a moderator here. Add them to the Conversation and they will at least be able to edit its contents, but, unfortunately the default behaviour is that users will receive an e-mail when a Conversation is started so chances are, whoever you sent it to has already read the contents!
Thanks Chris, yes the contents are sensitive. sux can't delete a user in a convo you start.

Is that going to change with next version I hope????

thanks again!

It's a convo with Jake and I need to remove a chap whose name starts with A... maybe Jake has some pull.

All the best, I appreciate your taking the time to answer!

You cant.. By default without some special cron (that i know of)..

I once had a forum revolt where members where using the conversation feature to plan a mutiny and build a competing board using my pm system and short of banning them there was really nothing i could do even as the super admin but watch them coordinate and steal not only my content but used the PC feature to recruit members to their new forum.. I wound up banning over twenty people over that and they took their share of my membership with them. All in all everything worked out in the long run turns out taking out the trash was just the house cleaning my community needed to thrive.

you mean, on here on xenforo.com then staff would have to handle it or whatever like others said above there.

throwing this out for you and others for your own site.. this is query Jake made for me.. to remove all PM/PC related stuff.. with a user that was deleted from vB /imported to XF.. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/deleting-pms.37097/#post-425194

Code:
DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_message
WHERE conversation_id IN (
    SELECT conversation_id
    FROM xf_conversation_master
    WHERE user_id = 0
);

DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_recipient
    SELECT conversation_id
    WHERE user_id = 0
);

DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_user
    SELECT conversation_id
    WHERE user_id = 0
);

DELETE
WHERE user_id = 1;

user id = 0 .. (means deleted user PMs that were imported from vB) then my id = 1 ...

That might remove that user from any PC/PMs and any PC/PMs you had with him.. whatever YOUR ID is, in the bottom last query.. whatever that other person is, in the top 3 queries.. But, if you and that person had alot of PCs before.. that you might want kept.. then I'm not sure.. lol.

Edit: You might just want the last two queries actually.. or last 3.. need confirmation on it. Or if this suggestion would work for ya even lol

Top Bottom