How do I add a santa hat to avatars?

ineedhelp

Is it possible to add a santa's hat to the top right of member Avatars ?

If so, can someone tell me the code for it, thanks.

only the snow is working for me?? and both images are in the same location.
http://www.wickedstangs.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/overlay/xmasball.png

what xenforo version are you using? The messageuserinfo block span wasn't added to xenforo till 1.1.0 beta 4. If your using xenforo any version before this you will need to add in a helper span into the message_user_info template and find the following:

find:
Code:
<div class="avatarHolder">

And add after:

Code:
<span class="helper"></span>

what xenforo version are you using? The messageuserinfo block span wasn't added to xenforo till 1.1.0 beta 4. If your using xenforo any version before this you will need to add in a helper span into the message_user_info template and find the following:

find:
Code:
<div class="avatarHolder">

And add after:

Code:
<span class="helper"></span>

I am using 1.1.0 and that worked...

I am using 1.1.0 and that worked...

I'm not seeing a helper span in your template. Could you possibly revert template message_user_info

edit: I see you got it working. Normally reverting the template would have been the way to go when it was first introduced not sure how or why you never had the helper span in.

helperspan.webp

Another image for those that just like to overkill on the decorations. I probably won't stop with this and introduce some more decor. Simply just add the css from this post (for those that have the css in place) just upload the new image "avatar_snow" if you want some holly ontop of the snow into your /overlay folder, we'll see if we can add in santa on top of the holly with the next update. :P

holly-prev-iew.webp

Attachments

1.9 KB · Views: 83
Here's another (more snow) on the sidebars. Now this may not look good on certain designs I've only tried it on my custom style and it looks fine. Preview & instructions below.

Firstly upload the image from in the attachment into your /overlay folder and paste the following into your extra.css template.

You may not need to add or keep the margin-top in so your fine removing this if you have enough space between the sidebar blocks.

Code:
.sidebar .section:before {
    content: "";
    display: block;
    height: 25px;
    margin-top: 5px;
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/overlay/sidebar_xmas.png") no-repeat scroll left transparent;
}

sidebar-xmas-decor.webp

Attachments

• sidebar_xmas.webp
    sidebar_xmas.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 93
haha.. Looks good.. my front page is full of them...
View attachment 22204

You can, if you were so inclined specifically add them to whatever sideblock you want. Here's an example of the that with the snow being placed on the sharePage and userlist blocks.

snow_sidebar_specific.webp

Code:
.sidebar .membersOnline:before, .sidebar .sharePage:before {
    height: 25px;
    margin-top: 5px;
    background: url("styles/test/xenforo/overlay/sidebar_xmas.png") no-repeat scroll left transparent;
}

One last one. This has only been tested on the default membercard but this will show the snow effects on top of the default membercard.You can adjust the css to your preference but yeah, more snow again sorry.

Upload the image in the attachment into your /overlay folder and paste the following into your extra.css template.

membercard_snow_preview.webp

Code:
.xenOverlay.memberCard:before {
    margin-left: 40px;
    height: 40px;
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/overlay/membercard_xmas.png") no-repeat scroll left transparent;
}

Attachments

• membercard_xmas.webp
    membercard_xmas.webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 69
Can we get something for New Years :)

I personally haven't designed any New years celebration type imagery but you could easily locate imagery throughout the web and adjust the css to reflect the new sizes if the images happen to be of different sizes.

I have the snow but no balls ornaments.

I'm quite sure i submitted the code in here for the ornament balls and image attachment. If it's not here you can locate it in this thread.

Top Bottom