• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 How do I add a link to my navigation bar?

I wanted to add a new button with a link to a page on my navigation bar but I am unsure of how to do that? Any tips on how i can do this?

Amaury

I have looked at that but I don't know what to add and where I need to add it. Such as what code.
Look at how it's set up and copy and paste one of the links. Then just adjust it accordingly for the landing page you want.

As an example:

upload_2014-11-4_13-12-1.png

Yeah I have no idea on how I can do that. I just feel like i am going to break the board and the template will break since I don't know the code.

Amaury

Yeah I have no idea on how I can do that. I just feel like i am going to break the board and the template will break since I don't know the code.
It's easy, and if you do break something, it's just a matter of reverting the template and trying again.

I have been with CodeCademy for a while. I have completed HTML & CSS and I am working with Javascript at the moment. I have also used W3Schools before. I used HTML to create the page content that I wanted.

Martok

I have been with CodeCademy for a while. I have completed HTML & CSS and I am working with Javascript at the moment. I have also used W3Schools before. I used HTML to create the page content that I wanted.
Then adding a link shouldn't be a problem. As you can see from @Maru's screenshot, it's just HTML with a bit of Xen syntax. As he said, just copy an existing link and edit it to suit using straight HTML if necessary until you have learned a bit more about Xen syntax (search the site, I'm sure there's stuff around about this).

Alternatively, take a look at Nodes As Tabs.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/