How did you find xenForo?

Kaiser

Its actually true that vBulletin is giving fame to xenForo because of the lawsuits, if it wasnt for that I would have never heard of xenForo, and would have never bought it. Thats how I found xenForo, its funny how vB is trying to ruin xenForo but they are actually helping it out, and ruining their own rep. I already heard of Kier Darby before but then I forgot which blog I read about the lawsuit and it was titled "IB(vBulletin) lawsuit against ex lead dev Kier Darby" so I had to read it as I knew that Kier was the lead developer, and then I read it, and I found xenforo.com. Then I visited the forums a couple of times before joining it. Then it looked nice so I joined, after joining I fell in love with it, so I had to buy it. Thats how I found it. My forum is only a week old and its blooming with activity... members/posts and im just having a blast using xenForo.

A friend heard about the lawsuit through the vb forums and told me about XenForo and how they were the vB3 developers. We both were strong supporters and like most, were not fond of vB4 feeling like a beta script that was poorly coded.

Yes I found out about it on vBulletin too (well before the lawsuit). Having been spectacularly disappointed with vB4 I was looking around for alternatives, nearly went over to IPB, decided to wait a bit, then read about this "new" software called XenForo over in the VB forum. As soon as I looked at it I thought, wow, this is actually different/better than the rest, and when I read that Kier and Mike were behind it, it all made sense.

As the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity.

I found out about XF on the vBulletin forums, but somehow forgot about it for a while. Then a friend of mine told me the beta was out, so I bought it and got rid of vB4 :) Great!

I heard about it on an Admin forum.. there were rumors going around that Kier was creating something, but people didn't know what it was or when it would be coming out.. then the thread I was active in updated with the link to xenforo, I signed up on the 29th of July.

Jamie

Two things happened the same day to get me here... a client said "have you seen Kier's new script?"... I replied with "who's Kier?" lol

and then John asked me to have a look at where he was going (I knew he wasn't happy where he was).

So I had a look.. and fell deeeeeeply in love with xenforo almost instantly! :D

I heard about the Internet Brands buying vb and then something about a lawsuit and am fighting going to vb 4.0 so I am here to snoop and find out what is BEST. ;) I am not so tech proficient so here I am... albeit a little bit late but right on time. I think.

:confused:

Top Bottom