How did you find xenForo?

Found out from vB's lawsuit announcement on their board.

But even so, the next day after making a thread on a admin forum (to help me decide between IPB and vB) someone brought xF to my attention.

It was love at first site :D

I also heard about it from their lawsuit announcement. I came to check out this software to see if it was actually a rip-off or not.
Funny that vB is trying to bring this software down but they are only helping it. Can anyone say backfire? lol

Knew it was coming... was more just a waiting game for it. Didn't actually shift away from VB though until IB stepped over the mark with their lawsuit nonsense. That was just going too far after all the kind words they gave on XF and the devs future going forward, better competition, blah blah blah... and then I not only knew of XF, but completely shifted all my own personal forums to XF... and will continue to plug away at the many people I have setup VB for over the years, to also shift to XF.

It came to me in a vision ...

Oh, okay then, it didn't really ... vB put me on to it with their lawsuit announcement.

Hooked on it soon after, and quickly sold my vB license to buy in to xF and set up a new forum I'd been thinking about for a while (just waiting for 1.0 stable to get going with it).

Inspirational stuff - literally!!! :)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

In some ways you can say, XF was
images.webp

I found out from a post on the vB forums. I'd heard there was something in the works, and was waiting for further information. One day, there it was. I dropped everything to get over here and jump in without a second thought.

I was looking for a new Christmas theme for my vB 3.8 forum on vbulletin.org. I went to Elizabeth/SouthernLady's Secret City Designs page, and saw something called "XenForo", and made my way here.

Still haven't made up my mind yet if I'm going to switch, but I'm leaning that direction, as vB4 just doesn't seem like a good option to me.

Top Bottom