How Did You Expose your Social Media Links?

Dante_B

With social media big these days, i would like to place a picture icon and/or link of my facebook page, instagram, and twitter on my forum. What did you do as a forum owner to expose your Social Media?

Provide examples too! :D

Thanks in advance,

I've been adding them into the new skin I'm working on at the moment for Sizael. Ideally I wanted them to hover at the top over the header area, but it was causing a conflict in the coding so I instead opted to use the advert template for above the sidebar and coded them into that, using the secondaryContent div class to wrap round it. (Can't give a full page view at the moment because the new look is a surprise for the members.)

Here, take a peek :)

Attachments

• example.webp
    example.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 10
I've been adding them into the new skin I'm working on at the moment for Sizael. Ideally I wanted them to hover at the top over the header area, but it was causing a conflict in the coding so I instead opted to use the advert template for above the sidebar and coded them into that, using the secondaryContent div class to wrap round it. (Can't give a full page view at the moment because the new look is a surprise for the members.)

Here, take a peek :)

Finally, someone with an example. Thanks for that. Who else out there got a good example?

I use the built-in Add This feature, however since the current implementation is virtually impossible to find I made a small change.

How to access this popup in XF

share.webp

On my site I changed it to a "Share" link/button:
share2.webp

Top Bottom