1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Did You Expose your Social Media Links?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Dante_B, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

With social media big these days, i would like to place a picture icon and/or link of my facebook page, instagram, and twitter on my forum. What did you do as a forum owner to expose your Social Media?

Provide examples too! :D

Thanks in advance,

2. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

No one places facebook, twitter or instagram image links on their sites??

3. Drae

Drae Active Member

I've been adding them into the new skin I'm working on at the moment for Sizael. Ideally I wanted them to hover at the top over the header area, but it was causing a conflict in the coding so I instead opted to use the advert template for above the sidebar and coded them into that, using the secondaryContent div class to wrap round it. (Can't give a full page view at the moment because the new look is a surprise for the members.)

Here, take a peek :)

Attached Files:

4. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

Finally, someone with an example. Thanks for that. Who else out there got a good example?

5. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

I use the built-in Add This feature, however since the current implementation is virtually impossible to find I made a small change.

How to access this popup in XF

share.png

On my site I changed it to a "Share" link/button:
    share2.png

Drae likes this.
  6. Drae

Drae Active Member

@DBA Handy! I know it auto does something similar, but you should write a tutorial for how you did it :D

Bram likes this.