How can Images be placed in the forums?

stevshark

There seems to only be 2 options that is fullsize or thumbnail. Shouldnt there be an option to post medium sized images or collages in the forums? the fullsize images look goofy and the thumbnails are too small to see.

Full size images scale automatically with the screen size, so it works consistently on all devices.

If you own XF Media Gallery, you can embed images from the gallery and they are kind of "medium" sized:

You can also embed an album of images:

You can also change "Attachment Thumbnail Dimensions" under Attachment Options. I don't remember what the (too small) default was, but I increased it to 250px, which seems about right. Big enough to show reasonable detail, but not overpowering like full size images. Most users can see 3 or 4 thumbnails in a row on "normal" sized screens. And we used one of AndyB's add-ons to disable inserting full size images in posts - except for admins/mods. Oversize images in posts were driving us crazy.

Last edited:
That was perfect thank you!

You can also change "Attachment Thumbnail Dimensions" under Attachment Options. I don't remember what the (too small) default was, but I increased it to 250px, which seems about right. Big enough to show reasonable detail, but not overpowering like full size images. Most users can see 3 or 4 thumbnails in a row on "normal" sized screens. And we used one of AndyB's add-ons to disable inserting full size images in posts - except for admins/mods. Oversize images in posts were driving us crazy.

Top Bottom