1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can I upload a php file without ftp access?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by MyLifev2, Feb 9, 2013.

1. MyLifev2

MyLifev2 New Member

The site owner is away on holiday and I need to do some site maintenance but I do not have FTP access, is there anyway I can upload php files / scripts without access to the ftp? I have access to the admin control panel because I am a the co-owner. Any suggestions on how to do this? (like plugins ect or manual ways) thanks!
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In short, no.
  3. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

Depends on the admin panel. Some (like DirectAdmin) provide an upload function...
  4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I assume he means the XF ACP.
  5. MyLifev2

MyLifev2 New Member

yes I only have access to the xenforo admin cp
  6. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Slavic gave you the correct answer.
  7. MyLifev2

MyLifev2 New Member

there must be a way :(
  8. Hatsu

Hatsu Member

9. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

The only way would be if you are a medium and can guess the ftp info or see it in a vision or something like that :D
  10. Cool

Cool Active Member

if it is really that important to do a maintenance then they would have prepared a access before one is not reachable spec. if they are co-owners. and normaly the other part will be reachable in some way.

on the other side eaven if it was/is possible i pers. would never ever give out that information to anyone here just because he/she is asking for that.