How can I see when a user last logged in?

It's in their profile under "Last Activity". Which is the last activity as opposed to the actual date they logged in, but, actually more relevant.

Wouldn't it show last activity as "viewing forum index" or whatever, if they'd just logged in?
It would.

But whether they had just logged in, or they went there after being on the site for a few hours, I still think last activity is always more relevant than the last login date. Especially with the cookie lifetime as long as it is. The last actual login date (if it is even logged, don't think it is) could be weeks/months ago.

I'm not sure last login date is displayed anywhere directly, but you can deduce it from the user's IP list.

Admin CP > Search for user > IP addresses tab

The upper IP address should show the last login date.

Not sure I can see why. Many sites I have the save login, always stay logged in option on..... wouldn't that kinda defeat what you are wanting to know?

In my understanding, last login date = last visit. XenForo does make the difference between last activity and last visit, that is why I understand the need to get the latter somehow.

I know this is an old thread, but it's what I found when I looked to see if anyone else had asked about this. I can't understand why it would be such a mystery why someone might want to know when a user last logged on. The answer is simple: some of us have no desire to keep members who haven't bothered to even log on to the site for months or longer. That's dead wood. Anyway, it's not the end of the world, and as someone else mentioned it can be deduced from looking at the IP in admin, but it would be nice if it were there in plain site when you looked at a member's profile, as it has been with most of the other forum platforms I've used. Certainly can't see how it would hurt. ;)

it would be nice if it were there in plain site when you looked at a member's profile, as it has been with most of the other forum platforms I've used. Certainly can't see how it would hurt. ;)
Look at a user's membercard or in their profile and it clearly tells you when they were last seen.

Look at a user's membercard or in their profile and it clearly tells you when they were last seen.

I'm not sure exactly how that works, to be honest, but the "last seen" info is not always available. I am looking at two offline members right now, for example, just two people I picked at random. One member hasn't posted since 10 November, but the membercard shows her as being last seen on 28 November; the other member last posted on 2 December, and so he was obviously on after the first one, but there is no "last seen" info showing for him.

I'm not sure exactly how that works, to be honest, but the "last seen" info is not always available. I am looking at two offline members right now, for example, just two people I picked at random. One member hasn't posted since 10 November, but the membercard shows her as being last seen on 28 November; the other member last posted on 2 December, and so he was obviously on after the first one, but there is no "last seen" info showing for him.
Do you have the "Bypass User Privacy" permission set to Allow for yourself? If not, this may account for missing last seen info if that user is hidden.

Hmmm. I actually used a modification a while back to disallow users from being anonymous, so they shouldn't be able to do it in the first place. I'll try undoing the changes to see if that makes a difference. Maybe the modification created some kind of conflict. Thanks

On second thought, that doesn't appear to be the problem. I think I must have actually gotten rid of that modification already at some point in the past, because I can't find any of the template modifications I would have needed to create. Also, I logged in to the account of the user I mentioned above (should have done that first!) who displayed no "last seen" info, and the box next to "show online status" is ticked. So I guess I'll just live with it until and if I can find some problem to correct. In the meantime, maybe someone else will chime in here who's run into the same issue. Thanks again

Last edited:
I've got a user who is an admin and their last seen is 4 days ago on Friday:

1580825483207.webp

But there's IP address activity as recent as Saturday on one IP and today on another IP. For both he's the only user on that IP.

1580825590198.webp

Surely the last seen should be updated to today at 12.51pm if there was activity from his IP then?

Top Bottom