How can I rewrite thread URLs for certain forums?

rhodes

I would like to ask if it is possible to rewrite thread URLs for certain forums.

We have a forum „topic_1", for example, with review threads.

Forum url is mydomain.com/topic_1
Thread Url is sth like threads/my-thread-title.11120/

Everything works fine. However, we work with a SEO agency. They recommended to use a more SEO friendly URL like

review/topic_1/my-thread-title .

I know that I can rewrite URLs using RewriteRules within my htaccess file. But in this case the forum name (topic_1) is not available within my original thread url.

Any hints would be appreciated

I really doubt that even if you could automatically include the forum name in the URL it would add much if anything to the SEO

You could just add it whatever that text is to the thread title if it's just one or two threads.

But honestly, any SEO company working on a forum should be looking at more important things than a forum title in a URL

As an afterthought I'm tempted to say I hope they aren't charging a lot of money for that kind of advice.

But honestly, any SEO company working on a forum should be looking at more important things than a forum title in a URL
Some of the forum titles are also related keywords like "Fantasy". As far as I know Google likes keywords as part of an url. But of course this is not the only thing they do.

forum titles or thread titles? You mention threads in the title, the go on to say forum titles above

Threads already have the title content in
xenforo.com/community/threads/how-can-i-rewrite-thread-urls-for-certain-forums.127084/
If you drop the number off of the end, how are you going to ensure duplicate titles don't redirect to the same url

It sounds like you just want to push the fourm topic/title into the thread url, since the rest is there
review/topic_1/my-thread-title .
Thats something you'll need to search the plugin area for, if you want to do this your self...(If you can code), look at Route_Prefix

You can set static urls for your forums (no IDs on the end)

See:

upload_2017-3-15_12-29-25.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom