XF 2.0 how can I remove avatars altogether?

MIT

Working on a new XF2 installation, I'm trying to customize appearance to match the very clean/lean design I've achieved in a different system (MyBB).

After reading XF docs and trying every configuration option I can try and attempting to hack around with template/style tweaks, I'm still stuck not being able to cleanly eliminate all avatars from all layouts. Don't need 'em, don't want 'em.

Is there any good way to do this?

Thanks

You mean the avatar in conversations?
I mean the avatar is missing from any forum or any page when it's in mobile (responsive) mode... but not, however, missing from a container (where a letter is the "avatar"). And, in full-screen display mode (24" monitor), the user account is represented by the username in letters. (This disappears when the screen size is shrunk.)

Desktop view - username/account ("Newbie") is displayed as text:

desktopview.webp

Mobile view: username/account has disappeared, only visible when the invisible region is clicked by someone who knows they have to click in that spot:

mobile_view.webp

Bottom line: when removing avatars via display:none, there's no problem in the desktop view, but in the mobile view, the user's account is no longer visible. It should be visible as text.

Top Bottom