XF 1.2 How can I make users verify their email addresses after they've already been registered?

Joe Link

I recently migrated my forum to XenForo and I'm getting a ton of deferred.php notifications from users with email addresses that are no longer valid. I have email verification turned on now, but I didn't for the 35,000 members I already have.

What's the best way to deal with this?

I would recommend changing the user states for the users in question. In 1.3, there's an email bouncing state, but in 1.2 you'd have to use "awaiting email confirmation (from edit)".

You just change the user state in the control panel. All it does is stop emails and give a message telling the person they need to change their email.

You can try to disable all email notification (Yes, I mean ALL. All members with valid and non-valid email)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/receive-notifications-without-emails.45617/

I appreciate the suggestion, but those alerts drive a lot of traffic, so that's not an option.

I would recommend changing the user states for the users in question. In 1.3, there's an email bouncing state, but in 1.2 you'd have to use "awaiting email confirmation (from edit)".

So I just edit the user and set them to awaiting email confirmation? That seems easy enough.

You just change the user state in the control panel. All it does is stop emails and give a message telling the person they need to change their email.

Very nice.

Top Bottom