How can I improve my first article thread

DigNap15

Hello
I posted the first Artilcle Thread on my fourm last night, as a trial

(its an article about new car sales in Belarus) (Its got 5 pages of comments)

I was a bit diappointed, in that I was not able to do as much as I thought I be able to.
Eg its only got 3 images, down the left hand side
And the image repeated at the top of each page
And my member name at the bottom

Other than that, there is nothing to get excited about
I must be missing something

The text and images in an article are the same as in regular posts (except you can have twice as many words.)

In you rexample you could have improved it by aligning the images so the text flows around them.

The advantages I can see are:

• The preview display of a bunch of articles in an articalforum
  • The author profile
  • The article post being at the top of every page of commenst/replies.

The text and images in an article are the same as in regular posts (except you can have twice as many words.)

In you rexample you could have improved it by aligning the images so the text flows around them.
Yes, that is what I was hoping I would be able to do, align the images better.
I will have another play, and see if I can find out how to do that

Looking at it there’s nothing to break everything up. Use headers and sub-headings to give the user a break. For example you mention “Other top sellers were” make that bolder to give the reader a break. Second, as I read the article I’m somewhat questioning the main point to your article. Spend more time writing about your key ideas.

Lastly, the photos seem low quality and appear to be downloaded from other sites. Use higher quality stock photos.

You have 83 comments on your article and nobody has mentioned grammar, alignment, or pics. Just keep doing what you are doing, and improve along the way. The engagement is what is important, and your audience seems fine with your informal style.

You have 83 comments on your article and nobody has mentioned grammar, alignment, or pics. Just keep doing what you are doing, and improve along the way. The engagement is what is important, and your audience seems fine with your informal style.
Thanks
I did that article as a trial, last night.
I am not into graphics myself.
I just wanted to show my members what the Articles Types threads could do
My first effort was a bit underwheming
But now I have re-aligned some of the images, so it looks more like a magazine artilce
(and fixed a couple of typos)
(I will work on the grammar)

Last edited:
Top Bottom