How can I extend the editor?

rhodes

Hello,

I've purchased Xenforo yesterday after playing around with Vbulletin 5 for some days.
I really like the straightforward installation, the huge number of plugins and the very active user community.

However, now I have to make some adjustments for our new community, but I'm not quite sure where to start. Perhaps one of the more experienced users has a hint for me.

This is the requirement:
  • Add an additional button to the editor toolbar.
  • A click on this button opens a modal dialog (similar to the the insert media dialog) or a div container below the editor (similar to the add smiley dialog). Both solutions are fine.
  • The dialog contains a search text field and a submit button.
  • Search strings are submitted to an external REST interface. The REST response is a html string containing one or more linked images.
  • A click on one of the images copies the images html string into the editor.
I'm not quite sure if I have to develop a new xf addon or if it is sufficient to extend the editor with a new js plugin.

I'm happy about every hint.

Thank you

Rhodes

It is a strange fact that @cclaerhout s MCE4 is much better documented and much more easier extendable than the default redactor editor. It also has much more features and is much more configurable.

Top Bottom