How can I export post data only to be in ported into another XF->XF

EQnoble

I have to rebuild a board as my database became damaged and I would like to see if I can recover all of the data from the posts...I have recreated the node hierarchy already and have not posted anything. Anyone know what to do here?

The posts are linked to the users which are linked to the user groups and so on.
Doing a partial database copy is fraught with problems unless you copy all of the associated data.

It might be easier to fix the problem with your existing database.
What exactly is corrupted?

Gimme a min to explain it is complex .... I will pm you if that is ok? I'm cooking a late breakfast (eggs bacon french toast sausage blah blah..) don't want it to burn gimme 15 or 20 mins if you can, Thanks you for responding so quick btw.

I moved the forum over to another domain in the mean time so I can rebuild it. It is at http://Xenxero.info

If you look at the header/breadcrumb area you will see what is wrong...I really don't have the words for it....things are (draws blank). Maybe you can tell me what you think is wrong.. I like I said am thinking about it and have no clue how I would even sum it up in text.

I don't see any problem with the breadcrumbs :confused:

If it's just a style/template issue then just create a new style and/or revert templates until you locate the problem.

Well that's the thing it happened when upgrading medio. I can't undo it (there was nothing to revert after the upgrade which didn't finish) and furthermore I can't fully remove medio, it throws errors...I can reinstall it and try to uninstall it again and it does the same thing. I don't really know how to proceed and couldn't get any help from the author.

The biggest problem relies on the fact that I haven't yet documented completely all of my customizations made to the style as I kind of free-styled it. So I wanted to take those syndication threads, import them as posts in the same categories which I have already created on the new install to mimic the original and then I would just re-register all of the feeds. The other thread's I would manually re-create as they are for hosting support and I know how to do that. everything else I should be able to take care of. I'm pretty sure the damage done during the addon update was so severe that it wouldn't be feasibly possible to fix it though it may be that I'm not proficient with MySQL so this would be impossible for me to fix.

Well I haven't gone through the tables to check all the dependencies but just trying to move posts from one database to another wouldn't work without all the related tables.

So I would probably be better to just dump all of the feeds/posts and start from scratch then? For me that is the only answer as I can easily copy client (private) threads as they are minimal and I can do without the posts from the feeds, I mean whatever... re-register the feed and I'm good to go I suppose. It is a bummer that I can't work with the default style anymore as I did have a lot of customization to it ...oh well on it goes.

Top Bottom