How can I change the <title> of forum, but not Board Title?

markku

I would like to keep my Board Title (in Options) intact, but would like to add something to the <title>.

Any pointers how to achieve this? Thanks in advance! :)

Hmm, the template PAGE_CONTAINER is probably the right one.

HTML:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

So I tried changing that to...
HTML:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle} Additional Title Words<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle} Additional Title Words</xen:if></title>

But the title didn't change whatsoever.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but edit the forum_list template.

<xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:h1>

Just replace the contents between the h1 tags.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but edit the forum_list template.

<xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:h1>

Just replace the contents between the h1 tags.

Nope. Thanks for trying though. I have set my Board Title in ACP Options as "My Forum".

So above the forum list it states My Forum.

But it also states My Forum in the browser's title bar (<title> code in html).

I would like to add a few extra words after the My Forum in <title>. But not above forum list.

Now if I go to ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> and change the Board Title to My Forum And Those Few Extra Words, it also changes the board title above the forum list, in addition to the <title>.

I thought the PAGE_CONTAINER and its <title> would be the correct place to do this modification, but for some reason I'm not achieving it through that as per my previous post...

So why not just manually enter the board title that you want in the forum_list template and change it to what you want in the ACP?

For example: <xen:h1>My Forum</xen:h1>

Or am I still missing something?

Hmm, the template PAGE_CONTAINER is probably the right one.

HTML:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

So I tried changing that to...
HTML:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle} Additional Title Words<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle} Additional Title Words</xen:if></title>

But the title didn't change whatsoever.

What am I doing wrong?
Apply the additional words to the if and the else... it worked fine for me.

Yeah works fine now. I had to do the edit to the default style AND to flexile.

Even though Flexile is a child style of the default style, modifying only the default style's PAGE_CONTAINER didn't for some reason be inherited to Flexile...

thanks!

Top Bottom