How are you sending emails?

Okenyon

Do most of you send your newsletters, updates etc from a 3rd party auto responder software like aWeber/Mailchimp etc?

ForestForTrees

There were a flurry of threads about this a little while ago when Mandrill changed their terms and made many switch away from them.

I tried to follow that, but I couldn't see a clear winner. Now that people have some experience with Mandrill alternatives, are any rising to the top? Any to avoid?

dvsDave

Amazon SES and Sendy is where it's at. It's dirt cheap (and I MEAN ridiculously cheap) and reliable. Haven't had a single hiccup and I send about 100,000 transactional emails a month and another 60k in newsletters a month.

Brent W

Thanks @Pucksters for your love. Happy customers makes every day better :). We at Pepipost work really hard to offer the best of the services and am so happy our efforts paid off.
We may consider giving you a try. We currently have our servers setup to send via Postfix SMTP. Example config in Postfix:

Code:
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = static:username:password
smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/nginx/ssl/star_aspiescentral_com.crt
header_size_limit = 4096000
relayhost = [smtp.sendgrid.net]:587
smtpd_tls_security_level = encrypt
Is this something supported by you?

We may consider giving you a try. We currently have our servers setup to send via Postfix SMTP. Example config in Postfix:

Code:
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = static:username:password
smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/nginx/ssl/star_aspiescentral_com.crt
header_size_limit = 4096000
relayhost = [smtp.sendgrid.net]:587
smtpd_tls_security_level = encrypt
Is this something supported by you?
Yes, you can integrate Pepipost with SMTP too.

Pierce

I'm using postmarkapp which is quite expensive but seems to be doing quite well.

I like their control panel which is very transparent.