How are you preparing for the change to mobile?

I am sure Xenforo and other forum makers will be working to be fully ready, I am curious however, at what steps community owners will be taking to appeal to this new market.

I was responding as a forum owner, not a member of staff.

That is what I have done to my personal site.

My Wordpress front end has had a responsive template on it for about 6 months now. As soon as 1.2 came along the forum was responsive as well. For those who want it's had Tapatalk since day one two years ago.

Do you think mobile will increase your traffic or make it more challenging to find?
No idea.
It is what it is.

There were complaints that the site wasn't really usable on small screens so that has now been addressed.

A few years ago I could only work on my 3 inch screen Android 2.1 phone.

It was a pain, but I got by.

If people want to use your site, then they'll put up with it...

I take it as it comes. I accommodate mobile devices and will make fixes or try to if and when they arise which is the best thing I can do.

I'm probably the exception, but I do very little actual web surfing on my iphone. I use apps, email, GPS, etc.

Many of the users labeled "mobile" are using tablets, which can be quite similar in resolution to regular screens.

It all depends on your audience.
I've had tapatalk for a while and yet not too many people are using it. 40 users a day out of 14,000...
Since google show about 25% of our visitors are mobile or tablet, I have to assume most are happy with the default XF setup.

A few years ago I could only work on my 3 inch screen Android 2.1 phone.

It was a pain, but I got by.

If people want to use your site, then they'll put up with it...
Or they will change which site they use... like me when I see an XF version of a site... I jump of a VB to an XF quick.

Top Bottom