how add-on are you?

how add-on are you?

• Total voters
37 (some are disabled) for now, and many of those will be gone when we make our own add-on to cover/extend the functionality they offer.

23 at the moment for me:

2PRbD.png

The down side of having so many add-ons is you have to keep up with updating them.

I'm actually behind in doing so (between my vacation & past host issues.) And to be honest the job seems to "extreme" now that I'm behind... So much that I'm almost tempted to go find someone else to do it.
Doesn't Chris Deeming have an add-on that updates add-ons? However ironic it would be to use an add-on to update add-ons!

Yes he does. But sometimes resource authors screw up our updates and make updating itself a pain.

It's not always a good idea to update immediately. I sometimes wait to see if complaints pop up.

If I have the time I will troubleshoot the update and report my findings in the thread.

Then there's the fact that you gotta wait for an email for paid addons before you can update.

Says you. I treat my xenforo like a phone and addons like apps.
Ahh, that'd be how we differ. Mine's a business and there needs to be a true need before something is added. It's near impossible to take something away from the members once it's been added, so everything has to be thought out.

Ahh, that'd be how we differ. Mine's a business and there needs to be a true need before something is added. It's near impossible to take something away from the members once it's been added, so everything has to be thought out.
Make sense. If I treated my site like a business I would've never switched over to Xenforo from vB4. Xenforo's still missing features/addons my members loved.

Make sense. If I treated my site like a business I would've never switched over to Xenforo from vB4. Xenforo's still missing features/addons my members loved.
Yeah that's why I waited until 1.1.1, it added most of the major things that I still needed. It also gave me the opportunity to remove some of the stuff without too much fuss.

Looking at my add-ons, I just realized that the three I created were all template hooks and could be combined. Now I have only two add-ons, the one that combines several template hooks into one add-on and the ElasticSearch add-on.

I only run three and looking at getting rid of one already because welcome notices are now built-into the core.

Add: Welcome notice or banner is built-in right? I have not looked at the new xenForo still on a 1.0 mindset here. I should look at all the options of the new xenForo install... :LOL:

Doesn't Chris Deeming have an add-on that updates add-ons? However ironic it would be to use an add-on to update add-ons!
He does, but my host doesn't allow for the add-on to self update (get that "make" error). Which seems to be the one draw back.

And even with the add-on; often not all the add-on's I have installed point to the right place. And there are a few (dozen) false positives which keep telling me to update, but are already updated).

I think he wants to change his actual vote.
The only way to do that is edit the database.

Ah I see. Could he change the settings to multiple voting? Not really ideal but wouldn't that allow him to vote again though that would most probably have people voting again so might not be worth it if its even possible.

4 currently, one of which is Jake's route changer, which will be obsolete in 1.2 I think.

Top Bottom