Lack of interest Hot Topic - Change Background of Thread Based on "Likes" or Posts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ArnyVee

So, I was thinking about a way to have the thread background change to an image with some very light flames or add a 'thumbs up' image next to the thread title based on whether a particular thread has "X" number of 'likes' (first post or total thread) or if it had "X" number of replies to it.

Also, it could/should have a way to turn this option on/off per forum in case you wanted to disable it for the 'forum games' area.

Would this be useful/cool or would it just add unnecessary queries/images to the forumdisplay?

Thoughts?

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I made a working plugin for this when xf was rc2. I just never finished it. I will see what I can do. No promises. Offline real life stuff is ruining the fun stuff.

The version I have lets you set a background color for the post, which then shows a bit highlighted in the thread - if it has an x amount of likes. In an attempt to allow people to glance over a 15 pages thread and only read the good stuff.

Just to clarify ...
is the request to change the background
(1) of the thread title in: what's new / forum post listing ? or (Original poster's idea)
(2) of a post: in the thread view (Floris' idea)
(3) both ?

:)

Top Bottom