1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Hot Topic - Change Background of Thread Based on "Likes" or Posts

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by ArnyVee, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

So, I was thinking about a way to have the thread background change to an image with some very light flames or add a 'thumbs up' image next to the thread title based on whether a particular thread has "X" number of 'likes' (first post or total thread) or if it had "X" number of replies to it.

Also, it could/should have a way to turn this option on/off per forum in case you wanted to disable it for the 'forum games' area.

Would this be useful/cool or would it just add unnecessary queries/images to the forumdisplay?

Digital Doctor, vbtwist and Veer like this.
  2. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Great idea +1 this.
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

I made a working plugin for this when xf was rc2. I just never finished it. I will see what I can do. No promises. Offline real life stuff is ruining the fun stuff.

The version I have lets you set a background color for the post, which then shows a bit highlighted in the thread - if it has an x amount of likes. In an attempt to allow people to glance over a 15 pages thread and only read the good stuff.
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Just to clarify ...
    is the request to change the background
    (1) of the thread title in: what's new / forum post listing ? or (Original poster's idea)
    (2) of a post: in the thread view (Floris' idea)
    (3) both ?