Hosting

cartelversus

Hello. Sorry if this already have been asked.

But what hosting providers do you recommend with this forum software? :)

Is godaddy good enough? Maybe BlueHost is better?

Thanks! Will appreciate any advice!

How large is your forum and where are your users mainly located?

Personally, I send all my clients to Nimbus Hosting.

I just plan to buy this forum software, because compared to Vbulletin - Vbulletin is piece of....
So this is kind a pre-sales question. So I can go straight forward and buy a hosting plan with peace in my mind!

Thanks.

Nimbus does not seem very cheap to be honest.

When it comes to hosting the cheaper you go the cheaper the hosting is (meaning support is awful, speed is slow, just not very good). If you want good reliable hosting you will have to open up your wallet a little more and pay more for it. I recommend contacting @xenBoost Mike his hosting is very very good and he offers things your cheap hosts won't offer and compared to other good hosting companies prices his are right there with it and in some cases cheaper. I would suggest getting in contact with him.

My point was basically you go with a cheap hosting company you are going to get cheap hosting that won't be that great will barely be mediocre. I wasn't telling you to use @xenBoost Mike but that is who I use and I am very pleased with him. Are all hosts perfect? No cause if they were they would be the only hosting company around. Yes I am sure some people have had issues with his hosting but other than the server I am on going offline and Mike having to physically go and fix it I haven't had any downtime and my site is super fast IMO. There are a ton of people here that use Nimbus and they do come highly recommended. I have just seen to many people that have had HostGator and other hosts owned by the same company that owns HG come on here and ask for recommendations of better hosts.

Okay, I think I'll go with Nimbus at the beginning. Will see how it performs. Anyway I will just build my forum from Scratch so no need for Amazing hosting.

I just wanted to say that I'm glad that I found XENFORO. Vbulletin was a pain in the @**.

First when I bought it I had to wait 43 hours for my forum to activate, because suddenly it deleted it self and everyone just keep me saying they pass information from another person to other so someone could fix it.
Admin panel is not the easiest one.
But xenforo, is really a dream software. So easy to use. Fantastic!

Take care guys and thanks for suggestions!

I use Linode Unmanaged VPS, and it seems to be a good option, but it is not for everyone.

+1

Any good unmanaged VPS are going to save lots of money compare to managed ones with cPanel and all kind of bells and whistles.

If you are on saving money route then - unmanaged VPS is the way to go.

If you want to sleep peacefully without doing anything - then managed VPS is the way to go.

Just dropped the $$$ on xenforo, now, I am with dreamhost and it meets my requirements, but I would like to see which hosting you recommend for 10 or less? of course I am in sharing ( for now) until i start building my community and then have to switch. what is your best recommendation?

Also I would like to know. In my current hosting I have several website hosted there, would that be a problem with xenforo?

Top Bottom