Host problem

yes, i see, but i'm looking for a host who does pay attention to XF as a serious forum software
You are confusing "managed hosting" with taking software seriously. They offer managed hosting for WordPress because they will install it, troubleshoot it, and maintain it. There are very few hosts who offer managed hosting for ANY forum software.

any one for godaddy?
No.

inmotion?
No.

I wouldn't go with such as SiteGround, I've been very happy since moving to WSWD, start a Conversation and he can run though the prices and set ups for your site's needs:

Here are my thoughts about it:

I wouldn't go with such as SiteGround, I've been very happy since moving to WSWD, start a Conversation and he can run though the prices and set ups for your site's needs:

Here are my thoughts about it:

Thank you, I'm banging my head against the wall to choose a host!

I gnashed my teeth for months over choosing a host. It was down to KnownHost and SiteGround. I ultimately chose the MVPS-3 at KnownHost for my 1.8M post, moderate traffic site. So far, so good. Performance and support are good.

do you ever get issues like seen at https://xenforo.com/community/threa...nt-needs-to-be-re-prepared-recurring.135846/?

and is Liquid Web good at solving such issues? On shared hosting?

They have fixed any problem. But the truth is I don't have much of a problem with them. It's pretty much stuff that I do, not what they've done. Very happy with them. They have VPS and Dedicated Hosting. I don't know about shared hosting. They are good and reliable. Just something to consider. :-)

I've had a server with LiquidWeb for more than 12 years and always had top-notch support.
It was also my last managed host. I manage my own servers for the past 10 years or so and where I was paying $100/month to LW, I have a better server than that (specs wise) at Hetzner/Vultr/DO/Linode for <$20/month.

Bottom-line, managed hosts are a rip-off but if you want one, LiquidWeb is top-notch (and so is KnownHost).

P.S. Starting my own non-ripoff managed host service in a few months. 🤪

Bottom-line, managed hosts are a rip-off but if you want one, LiquidWeb is top-notch (and so is KnownHost).

Some of us simply don't have the time to put in to manage the host ourselves even if we have the background (I do, or at least I have enough technical background that I could get up to speed fairly quickly). I admin a small, low volume site and it's simply not worth the time and effort to manage the host as well as the Xenforo board. Running the site is my hobby, not my job. So I'm on shared managed hosting with a Canadian outfit called Crocweb. For the rare problems where I needed their support, they have been quite responsive and the annual cost for our package (a fairly light one spec-wise, to be fair) is not unreasonable.

Some of us simply don't have the time to put in to manage the host ourselves even if we have the background (I do, or at least I have enough technical background that I could get up to speed fairly quickly). I admin a small, low volume site and it's simply not worth the time and effort to manage the host as well as the Xenforo board. Running the site is my hobby, not my job. So I'm on shared managed hosting with a Canadian outfit called Crocweb. For the rare problems where I needed their support, they have been quite responsive and the annual cost for our package (a fairly light one spec-wise, to be fair) is not unreasonable.
Oh yeah of course! I never meant to suggest everyone to stop using managed hosting but just wanted to enlighten the fact that unmanaged hosts are "significantly" cheaper. If someone has the time and the technical knowledge to manage the server themselves, its worth it in that case. For e.g. a Hetzner server with 4 vCPU, 16GB RAM, 160GB SSD and 20TB GBPS Tier 1 bandwidth is only EUR 15.9. A managed server of that spec should set you back at least $150-200 but time is money and even at that price it'll be worth it for many people.

Oh yeah of course! I never meant to suggest everyone to stop using managed hosting but just wanted to enlighten the fact that unmanaged hosts are "significantly" cheaper. If someone has the time and the technical knowledge to manage the server themselves, its worth it in that case. For e.g. a Hetzner server with 4 vCPU, 16GB RAM, 160GB SSD and 20TB GBPS Tier 1 bandwidth is only EUR 15.9. A managed server of that spec should set you back at least $150-200 but time is money and even at that price it'll be worth it for many people.

I don't have the technical expertise to manage a server, so that is why I use Liquid Web.

Plus, someone has to save me from MYSELF when I mess up!!! 🤪

Top Bottom