XF 1.5 Host did some maintenance - now Forum links don't work

#1
Our host did some maintenance - not really sure what - and now clicked links on the forum home page just return a string with the request information.
Like this:
http://www.<mydomain.com>/forums/<MYCLIENT_IP_Address/forums/forums/guitars-guitars-guitars.11/Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.99 Safari/537.36

We are able to access the Admin Control without any issues.
It's only the Forum Home page and any links to posts, etc.

Other sites hosted on the same account work fine.

I don't think this is related but from what I CAN see, the host appears to have changed some of the PHP setup.
For example, I see that the htaccess file now references:
# Use PHPBETA Single php.ini as default
AddHandler application/x-httpd-phpbetas .php

Whereas the previous htaccess file (they were nice enough to back it up) references
# Use PHP5.4 Single php.ini as default
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54s .php

Otherwise, the files are the same.
I changed back tot he backed version and there was no change.

php.ini files show date changes too. I am going to compare them now, but if there are any hints as to which direction I can investigate, it woul dbe greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
 

Tracy Perry

Well-known member
#4
Are they by chance actually using the BETA/RC of PHP?
Or is that indicating that they are BETA testing changing to a new version of PHP.
In either case, they should (if they are a normal hosting provider) offer multiple versions of PHP to the end user (most do). Ask them if changing the
Code:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-phpbetas .php
back to what it was will work and get the site back up.
Make sure that their PHP install that they are using meets the minimum requirements of XenForo (you didn't specify what the other sites you are using were so don't know if different or not).
 
#5
I tried that an no luck.

I ended up building the forum in another directory and got back up and running.
I am being selective with the files that I restore and add-ons we turn on, but so far it's going okay.

Thanks for the reply though.
 
Top