XF 2.2 Hooking into the post view

Dannymh

Hi,

I'm trying to hook into the post to filter out some of the message and change it based on who the poster is.

I would have assumed plugging into pub/controller/post or thread would work, but I also see the view is pushed to $this->view('XF:Show/Post)

That should then be xf/pub/view/post or show but I don't see those.

What am I missing? Or is there a simpler way to plugin to the posts?

public:post_macros:post is your best bet for templates, otherwise you may want to extend either the post entity and proxy message through a getter, although you'll have to make sure to only alter it in the view context then, or you can hook into the BB Code renderer, but then you'll have to keep track of the content type in there.

public:post_macros:post is your best bet for templates, otherwise you may want to extend either the post entity and proxy message through a getter, although you'll have to make sure to only alter it in the view context then, or you can hook into the BB Code renderer, but then you'll have to keep track of the content type in there.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is take posts by an API user then user some regex to piece apart the message, then alter the display for that user to show details of the user from the message to make the post look like it's come from that remote user

Top Bottom