1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooking into page_container_head but narrowing down for your content/page

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by tenants, Jun 21, 2013.

1. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

I'm using the page_container_head hook to add things to the <head></head>

I have to use the page_container_head (rather than adding to $head inside a template) since the content needs to be added to the beginning of <head></head>

The issue I am having is, if I add something to page_container_head, it's added globallly

There are no params sent though for the page_container_head hook:

Code:
    <xen:hook name="page_container_head" params="{xen:array 'iwish={$iwish}, contentType={$contentType}'}>

So, when I add something to the hook:

Code:
    public static function templateHook($name, &$contents, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template){
        switch ($name)
            {               
               case 'page_container_head':
               $contents = '    <style type="text/css">html.hasJs #xzInvisA, html.hasJs #xzInvisB, html.hasJs #xzInvisC {visibility:hidden;}</style>
                    ' .$contents;     
                break;
           }

It's then added for every page. I need to be able to select something that identifies my plugin page and then only add to the contents if we are on that page.

I couldn't find anything in $globalParams = $template->getParams();
    Obliviously there is nothing in $hookParams, since no params are added to the page_container_head hook

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

$contentTemplate should be available.

tenants likes this.
  3. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

Thank you, that works like a charm (y)

Code:
                case 'page_container_head':
                    $globalParams = $template->getParams();
                    if(in_array("contentTemplate", $globalParams) && $globalParams["contentTemplate"] == "xenzine_category_list")
                    {
                        $contents = '    <style type="text/css">html.hasJs #xzInvisA, html.hasJs #xzInvisB, html.hasJs #xzInvisC {visibility:hidden;}</style>
                        ' .$contents;
                    }      
                break;