Hook.js - Curious to see if this works with XF

It will work on some pages, others like what's new require a little something extra like reload to different page and you can have the What's new URL in it

It will work on some pages, others like what's new require a little something extra like reload to different page and you can have the What's new URL in it
Agreed. But for now, it seems Hook.js does not like XF's jquery version :
Code:
TypeError: a.replace is not a function
http://localhost/xenforo/js/jquery/jquery-1.5.2.min.js
Line 16

Actually could be quite annoying on certain pages.

I often scroll back up to the top of a thread while writing a post. If I accidentally went too far and refreshed the page instead. That would be quite frustrating.

This is a pretty dumb concept - not only is it completely unintuitive (even on touch devices if I'm honest), it also gets in the way of normal use (can't scroll quickly to the stop of the page without triggering a refresh) and doesn't even do anything special besides a normal refresh (which can't even reliably keep the same scroll position).

That's your opinion.
Yep, and I wouldn't normally comment on these things. This "feature" seemed pointless enough to warrant a negative comment. I suppose I'm hoping site owners will consider what's best for their users before mindlessly enabling something as gimmicky and ****ty as Hook JS.

This is a pretty dumb concept - not only is it completely unintuitive (even on touch devices if I'm honest), it also gets in the way of normal use (can't scroll quickly to the stop of the page without triggering a refresh) and doesn't even do anything special besides a normal refresh (which can't even reliably keep the same scroll position).
It's really poorly thought out. From a user experience type standpoint, it doesn't even behave like your typical "pull to refresh". It triggers a full page reload when you simply scroll to the top (there's no layer of resistance or visual clues, it just DOES IT). Even if the physics were improved, it still does nothing more than completely reload the page. If you're aiming to annoy visitors in a unique fashion, this is a spectacular way to do it.

Give it a while and we'll start seeing Hook JS on some of those Wordpress blogs that are running 50 plugins and take 20 seconds to load ;)

Yep, and I wouldn't normally comment on these things. This "feature" seemed pointless enough to warrant a negative comment. I suppose I'm hoping site owners will consider what's best for their users before mindlessly enabling something as gimmicky and ****ty as Hook JS.

This "feature" seemed pointless enough to you, but obviously not to me. I've always preferred detailed information instead of an elite's knowledge withholding.

Anyway, thank you for finally detailing your point a bit. Thanks also to Luke for his explanation.

Top Bottom