XF 1.2 Homepage meta description problem

mbt131

I have xenporta installed.I set homepage route to /portal.Portal now appearing at index , forum is at /forumBut at google my home page meta description show last post description not meta description that I wrote to forum meta description.

Meta Description : This is good site

Google:

HOMEPAGE: (False)
Example.Com
Last post description
www.example.com

Forum: (True)
Example.Com
This is good site
www.example.com/forum

Google doesn't display the meta description in search results. It basically ignores it and finds something relevant to your search in the page content and displays that instead.

Google doesn't display the meta description in search results. It basically ignores it and finds something relevant to your search in the page content and displays that instead.

I don't agree with you.

Meta description of xenforo is : A compelling community experience. Intuitive. Social. Engaging. Fast. XenForo brings a fresh outlook to forum software.

In search results :
XenForo - Compelling Community Forum Software
xenforo.com/‎
A compelling community experience. Intuitive. Social. Engaging. Fast. XenForo brings a fresh outlook to forum software.

In my site homepage , last post description appear as meta description.

That is the meta description, you're correct. However:

upload_2014-2-10_13-40-10.webp

That's where Google gets that snippet for the search results. It makes a decision based on what you have searched for and the content and structure of that content on the page.

Similarly, if I search for "forum software social engagement":

upload_2014-2-10_13-41-36.webp

Ah look -- THAT is not the meta description. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Based on my search terms, Google has decided which bit of content on the page is most relevant to what I have searched for. It is not the meta description. It is the block of text that relates to what I have searched for.

That is the meta description, you're correct. However:

View attachment 66947

That's where Google gets that snippet for the search results. It makes a decision based on what you have searched for and the content and structure of that content on the page.

Similarly, if I search for "forum software social engagement":

View attachment 66948

Ah look -- THAT is not the meta description. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Based on my search terms, Google has decided which bit of content on the page is most relevant to what I have searched for. It is not the meta description. It is the block of text that relates to what I have searched for.
Oh , Thank you.I understand issue now.

Top Bottom