Home Page

JamesBrown

Just about to use one of my xF licences for a club site. The forum will essentially be the whole site but I really would like to introduce the club and say a little about it rather than just be presented with the forum, no matter how pretty :-) In fact much like this site does.

Is this something that xF does, or should I place the forum in /forum/xF and have a static index.html in root. Thanks

Is this something that xF does

Not directly. One option is to create a Page in xenForo:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Create New Page

This allows you to create a custom xenForo page with your own content. But then extra effort is required if you want to place that page in a separate directory or have it function as a directory index like a traditional home page.

or should I place the forum in /forum/xF and have a static index.html in root.

That's how I would do it.

As I recall, the forum (.com/index.php) was originally separate from just the plain .com, and I had to delete my plain old .com index page in order for the forum home link to take someone to .com/index.php rather than just the .com page. (Maybe someone could put that in a way that makes more sense.) Anyway, that might serve as a splash page for you if that's the kind of thing you mean - put your intro on the .com page and have it link to the .com/index.php page?

Just about to use one of my xF licences for a club site. The forum will essentially be the whole site but I really would like to introduce the club and say a little about it rather than just be presented with the forum, no matter how pretty :) In fact much like this site does.

Is this something that xF does, or should I place the forum in /forum/xF and have a static index.html in root. Thanks

If you want a simple homepage with a few introductory words, then the simplest way in my opinion is to do it with a static index.html in the root.

Top Bottom