1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Page

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by JamesBrown, Oct 22, 2010.

1. JamesBrown

JamesBrown Well-Known Member

Just about to use one of my xF licences for a club site. The forum will essentially be the whole site but I really would like to introduce the club and say a little about it rather than just be presented with the forum, no matter how pretty :) In fact much like this site does.

Is this something that xF does, or should I place the forum in /forum/xF and have a static index.html in root. Thanks
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not directly. One option is to create a Page in xenForo:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Create New Page

This allows you to create a custom xenForo page with your own content. But then extra effort is required if you want to place that page in a separate directory or have it function as a directory index like a traditional home page.

That's how I would do it.
  3. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

As I recall, the forum (.com/index.php) was originally separate from just the plain .com, and I had to delete my plain old .com index page in order for the forum home link to take someone to .com/index.php rather than just the .com page. (Maybe someone could put that in a way that makes more sense.) Anyway, that might serve as a splash page for you if that's the kind of thing you mean - put your intro on the .com page and have it link to the .com/index.php page?
  4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

If you want a simple homepage with a few introductory words, then the simplest way in my opinion is to do it with a static index.html in the root.