HOME PAGE : Wordpress, Custom PHP Code or Add-On

JoseFebus

Hi All,

I moved my website from vBulletin. Back in those days I was using vbadvance as the home page for my forum.

In my forum I have sections that are articles and I want to have a nice new home page to present random articles (excerpts) from different areas, have some features articles in the home page and the latests forum posts.

Right now I am using XenPorta, but I would like to have more options in terms of designing the blocks.

Is there any other add-on I can use to create a new home page? I really like the way some wordpress presents the home page, with features articles, slides and other cool things.

I really don't want to move the xenforo installation to a folder just to install WP at the root and then start copying the articles to WP!

Another option is to create my custom home page using PHP.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Easiest might be to get someone to make the XenPorta Blocks you want.

I really don't want to move the xenforo installation to a folder just to install WP at the root and then start copying the articles to WP!
FYI: Moving Xenforo is very easy.

Poor man's portal is very basic.

You could @EasyTarget could probably do what you want.

Have you looked into Simple Portal ?

If you can write PHP then I'd recommend creating a single file sitting in the root which grabs the content you want to display. There are some threads on here which go through some sample code to get you started. Poor man's portal is a great idea too. You just can't go wrong.

Hi All,

I moved my website from vBulletin. Back in those days I was using vbadvance as the home page for my forum.

In my forum I have sections that are articles and I want to have a nice new home page to present random articles (excerpts) from different areas, have some features articles in the home page and the latests forum posts.

Right now I am using XenPorta, but I would like to have more options in terms of designing the blocks.

Is there any other add-on I can use to create a new home page? I really like the way some wordpress presents the home page, with features articles, slides and other cool things.

Another option is to create my custom home page using PHP.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
If you need some help, send me a message, and most likely I can get you sorted. I can send you a link to an example page too.

Top Bottom