Home And Forums Extra Replace

crazygirl

Right earlier i removed the blue navigation tab below and above forums where it says in the blue navbar home>forums>etc etc

I removed it below the forum and just above the forum how do i put it back please i have searched for the last 1 hour and cannot find it

First of all I'm going to tell you off!

When removing stuff from templates, it's actually better to "comment it out" rather than deleting it completely. That way, if you make a mistake or change your mind it can easily be restored.

In XenForo you simply do that like this:

Code:
<xen:comment>Stuff you don't want to display here</xen:comment>

Then if you want to revert that, then you can just remove the <xen:comment> things.

But, that doesn't help you right now.

Which template was it that you edited?

Was it PAGE_CONTAINER or was it breadcrumb?

If you edited PAGE_CONTAINER:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:include template="ad_above_top_breadcrumb" />

<xen:hook name="page_container_breadcrumb_top">
<div class="breadBoxTop">
<xen:if is="{$topctrl}"><div class="topCtrl">{xen:raw $topctrl}</div></xen:if>
<xen:include template="breadcrumb"><xen:set var="$microdata">1</xen:set></xen:include>
</div>
</xen:hook>

I imagine you removed all or part of the red code.

If you edited breadcrumb:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:edithint template="breadcrumb.css" />

<nav>
<xen:if is="!{$quickNavSelected} AND {$navigation}">
<xen:foreach loop="$navigation" value="$breadcrumb">
<xen:if is="{$breadcrumb.node_id}">
<xen:set var="$quickNavSelected">node-{$breadcrumb.node_id}</xen:set>
</xen:if>
</xen:foreach>

<fieldset class="breadcrumb">
<a href="{xen:link misc/quick-navigation-menu, '', 'selected={$quickNavSelected}'}" class="OverlayTrigger jumpMenuTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="true" title="{xen:phrase open_quick_navigation}"><!--{xen:phrase jump_to}...--></a>

<div class="boardTitle"><strong>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</strong></div>

<span class="crumbs">
<xen:if is="{$showHomeLink}">
<span class="crust"{xen:if $microdata, ' itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb"'}>
<a href="{$homeLink}" class="crumb"{xen:if $microdata, ' rel="up" itemprop="url"'}><span{xen:if $microdata, ' itemprop="title"'}>{xen:phrase home}</span></a>
<span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
</span>
<xen:elseif is="{$selectedTabId} != {$homeTabId}" />
<span class="crust"{xen:if $microdata, ' itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb"'}>
<a href="{$homeTab.href}" class="crumb"{xen:if $microdata, ' rel="up" itemprop="url"'}><span{xen:if $microdata, ' itemprop="title"'}>{$homeTab.title}</span></a>
<span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
</span>

<xen:if is="{$selectedTab}">
<a href="{$selectedTab.href}" class="crumb"{xen:if $microdata, ' rel="up" itemprop="url"'}><span{xen:if $microdata, ' itemprop="title"'}>{$selectedTab.title}</span></a>
<span class="arrow"><span>&gt;</span></span>
</span>

<xen:if is="{$navigation}">
<xen:foreach loop="$navigation" value="$breadcrumb" i="$i" count="$count">
<a href="{xen:raw $breadcrumb.href}" class="crumb"{xen:if $microdata, ' rel="up" itemprop="url"'}><span{xen:if $microdata, ' itemprop="title"'}>{xen:raw $breadcrumb.value}</span></a>
<span class="arrow"><span>&gt;</span></span>
</span>
</xen:foreach>
</span>
</fieldset>
</nav>

All or part of that code will have been removed.

It was neither of these I did a search how to remove things from footers etc and i stumbled across it but now cant find the page i should of left a comment really.I am truly ashamed that i removed some thing and not making a note pad back up i normally do i just don't know why i didn't this time around:(

This is what i mean just in case we are thinking of top nav bar

forum home.webp

screen 2.webp

If you want, you could either post the URL to your site here or send it to me in a Conversation.

I gathered you meant those two navigation tabs - they are called the "breadcrumb". Those bits of code I posted definitely relate to the breadcrumb.

So yeah, basically this will be a lot easier if I can see your site and work out from your code what is missing.

Oh... and don't be ashamed. I think most people here - even the pros - will admit to at some point in their past obliterating content from their code only later to realise they needed it. Happens to the best of us :)

Nice forum :)

Honestly, I can't work out why it's gone...

Because it's only missing from the home page. It's not missing from the forum or thread view.

It's almost like a conditional has been added to hide it only on the homepage or something... I will keep looking.

Could you paste the contents of your PAGE_CONTAINER template and breadcrumb templates?

Top Bottom