Holiday Garland With Ringing Balls

Holiday Garland With Ringing Balls 1.1

No permission to download
Thanks that's one of the problems I ran into as well but the fact that sound either worked or didn't work also was an issue that made me give up and create that request thread.
I have it working with both the moderator bar and sound working. Submitted it earlier as well ;)

I have installed this on xenforo 1.2.3 for Christmas 2013. I thought it might be helpful if I shared some changes I made.

As the messages above say, it is possible to find the admin and moderator bar covered by the decorations and some ideas for fixing this are in this discussion area. I simply moved the code from the page template to the header template and that made it work perfectly for me.

Likewise the logo was a little covered by the decorations, and changing a setting of middle to bottom sorted that.

Steve

Last edited:
I have installed this on xenforo 1.2.3 for Christmas 2013. I thought it might be helpful if I shared some of the things I did, and also a way to see all four variants of this in action....

...I'd just like to add the Christmas Tree and parcels that I see shown in places in this thread and I'd be done. I haven't found those yet though.

Steve
Thanks for posting helpful info Steve.

I had the style preview turned off on my forum - but have now re-enabled since the holidays are just around the corner... So the demo links in the original post are now online:

Online Demo:

As for the Christmas tree and gifts... I only edited my default logo for a little extra holiday spirit. So you could do the same by simply googling Christmas images and adding them to your logo in some artistic way. Makes for a nice, seasonal logo variation.

Happy holidays to you ;)

J.

J,

As you have made official demo links live I've edited out my links.

Thanks for the thoughts on the tree and parcels.

Steve

J,

As you have made official demo links live I've edited out my links.

Thanks for the thoughts on the tree and parcels.

Steve
Oh Steven - you didn't need to do that really. I think members here will appreciate seeing the modification working on your site too, especially since you shared an alternative way of adding the code to template. Thanks for the courtesy just the same though! ;)

J.

If you can create a temporary admin account for me on your forum, as well as grant me temporary access to your ftp (with access to your forum root directory) - I'll be happy to take a look for you when I get a bit of extra time. Send me the info via private conversation.

But honestly - If you've uploaded each of the extra holiday_bells2 - holiday_bells4 folders to you forum's root directory, added each of the .css code additions to your extra.css AND linked to the included .js files - you should have no problem.

You should note that only one variation will show at a time...

J.

Top Bottom