XF 2.1 Ho to "reset" smilie directory ?

snoopy5

Hi,

my smilie directory is a mess. I would like to clean it up. Basically making a "reset" to have the original status quo of a fresh XF installation. But I fail to do so.

I made another installation with a fresh XF2.1.11 installation, copied the smilie table from the database via phpmyadmin, deltetd the one in the old installation and importet that fresh smilie table then into the old one.

But still if I try to post, I see the names of some smilies instead of their icon.

smilies_wrong.webp

What did I do wrong?

Solution
You can't just copy tables between databases like that - there are various caches and other tables involved.

Try editing and saving a smilie in the ACP (rename it and name it back again) to see if that updates everything correctly.
You can't just copy tables between databases like that - there are various caches and other tables involved.

Try editing and saving a smilie in the ACP (rename it and name it back again) to see if that updates everything correctly.

Solution
ok, if I want to have now the exact same smilies (the original ones from XF and a few I imported into XF installation #1) also in another installation #2, do I need to delete first all smilies in installation #2 before export from #1 and import into #2?

Yes - delete first and then import.

Is there a way to mass delete all smilies in one step?

Why are the images still on the server although I deleted them in ACP? Can I delete the old images/icons also on the server before doing the import?

Last edited:
Is there a way to mass delete all smilies in one step?

Why are the images still on the server although I deleted them in ACP? Can I delete the old images/icons also on the server before doing the import?

In addition to the questions in my posting above, I have another question:

Let's assume I want to streamline in old forums the smilie choice in the dropbox under the textbox, so the user can from now on use only the new smilies, but not the old ones anymore in new postings, but in the old postings from i.e. 3 years ago, the old smilies are still visible and do not get deleted.

What do I have to do to achieve that?

Top Bottom