1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitspark Interactive

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Helladen, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Helladen

Helladen Member

This is my website, it is pretty simple. I make videogames and have been trying to get more professional as the years have went on - mostly making online games that require a lot of work to get working properly.

It wouldn't really be possible for this high-quality of site with the amount of tools Xenforo offers, as well as the money I invested into some 3rd party tools. Footer shows what major tools I use for my portal and theme framework.
  2. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

It looks pretty good honestly, and makes me interested in your games. The portal adds a lot to the experience as well.
  3. Helladen

Helladen Member

Thanks. :) It was a big investment, I like a forum style company website vs. a blog. It allows smaller games to be unveiled and have forums, whereas giant games you make have their own website completely. Most of my games are very old - I have been making games a long time. Going back to early 2006. I just haven't got professional until recently, it takes a long time to get good at making games.

The hardest part was taking the theme and modifying it, I had to learn CSS and modifying themes in XF from scratch. I never really did web design before, this was my first website that I did from a base theme and was modified a lot. For many years, I have messed with websites and all that - mostly community software, but I hadn't really gone that deep since I wasn't really a web developer. I am more of a guy who tells you what to do, but I have managed to learn many trades and get really good at a large range of skillsets. This enables me to make affordable ways to create professional websites for a fraction of the cost. Especially if I can see how to make it in the most affordable way myself, even if I am not a master web developer. :p
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016