Hiring (Paid Position) - Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be hiring more than one to start

again...the role of "moderator" is traditionally a VOLUNTEER job...with no incentive no matter how much the forum makes

I must admit, I did expect "Paid Position" to be considerably more than $20/mo. Not being negative, was just surprised at how little it was in comparison to what I felt the title implied ... a good example of 'Gilding the lily' perhaps?

Glad you've found someone to help though. Good luck with it.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I must admit, I did expect "Paid Position" to be considerably more than $20/mo. Not being negative, was just surprised at how little it was in comparison to what I felt the title implied ... a good example of 'Gilding the lily' perhaps?

Glad you've found someone to help though. Good luck with it.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

i could just as easily ask for volunteers, which there will be plenty. Ultimately though these mods will be the one leading the volunteers and sharing in profit of the site. its an opportunity more than a job.

Also I am looking for five people for those interested

Can we connect on LinkedIn? My profile is here.

We can, but we need to discuss this via skype.

mjp,
We are offering $25/month for writers and you are just the kind of person we are looking for. You will need to produce high quality articles for our site. If interested, please PC me.
If you desire to be moderator and writer, we can double the payout. Hairless from the neck down is our #1 requirement. We couldn't care less about your STD, CA DL.

Are u looking for moderators as well??

If you got out of this that $20 is all a person would make, then you don't qualify, simply because of a lack of reading comprehension.

You might have wanted to read the entire post ;)
You edited the post to include further "opportunities." Kind of underhanded to insult people for "lack of reading comprehension" after you changed the content.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me your request is absurd on a lot of levels. You are looking for "business professionals" (which is a vague, meaningless term) to work for a yearly wage that most "business professionals" earn in a day. Before lunch.

You are launching a forum that is doomed to failure because most "business professionals" went to school to get a degree, that's what makes them "business professionals." They don't need to hang around in a forum and learn how to work a spreadsheet or maximize their potential or visualize success.

What you've basically said is, "Come work for my start up for nothing. I guarantee it will be worth your while!" But when it fails, anyone who has worked for you will be left with nothing. Like a lot of people in 2000, moping around with a hundred thousand shares of worthless stock in a business that doesn't exist anymore.

So that's why I ridiculed your offer. I say this by way of explanation, and apology for any unbusinesspersonlike behavior on my part. Please forgive me, and feel free to flaunt your future wild success in my stupid face.

There seems to be an unpleasant attitude developing in the off topic forum of late.

I've just removed some posts from this thread and will remove any further ones which are off topic.

My advice is if you're not interested in the subject then stay out of the thread.

You edited the post to include further "opportunities." Kind of underhanded to insult people for "lack of reading comprehension" after you changed the content.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me your request is absurd on a lot of levels. You are looking for "business professionals" (which is a vague, meaningless term) to work for a yearly wage that most "business professionals" earn in a day. Before lunch.

You are launching a forum that is doomed to failure because most "business professionals" went to school to get a degree, that's what makes them "business professionals." They don't need to hang around in a forum and learn how to work a spreadsheet or maximize their potential or visualize success.

What you've basically said is, "Come work for my start up for nothing. I guarantee it will be worth your while!" But when it fails, anyone who has worked for you will be left with nothing. Like a lot of people in 2000, moping around with a hundred thousand shares of worthless stock in a business that doesn't exist anymore.

So that's why I ridiculed your offer. I say this by way of explanation, and apology for any unbusinesspersonlike behavior on my part. Please forgive me, and feel free to flaunt your future wild success in my stupid face.

i did not edit that...that was in the VERY FIRST POSTING

your lack of seeing it, simply shows

I wouldn't expect you to understand the forum (or its prior success:p)

My past and current success is well documented, and my future will only be moreso...no need to flaunt it.
please troll elsewhere.

Mods, can we do something about all this threadjacking going on?

I don't get it. Why would somebody work for basically "free"? Don't people value their time anymore? Or are the intangible benefits that rich?

I don't get it. Why would somebody work for basically "free"? Don't people value their time anymore? Or are the intangible benefits that rich?
I think you'll find that the majority of forum moderators are unpaid.

Anyway, in line with the new stance, I'm afraid this thread falls foul of the no buying/selling rule so I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom