Lack of interest Highlighted text in linkes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Akimbo

I there is a new option in Google's Chrome internet browser that allows linking to a specific point on a Web page (click link for details). It would be very useful when quoting part of a large post if xenForo would jump to and highlight like this new Chrome feature.

1637503433678.pngClicking the link above should display a page something like this. It also explains to our readers how to use it.

It would be very useful if clicking on the link in a quote not only too the reader to the post, but also centered-on and highlighted the text.

1637503904340.png

FYI (not part of suggestion): The word "said" after the username in the example above always bugged me. I just discovered that it can be changed in Admin > Appearance > Languages > English (US) - Phrases > x_said

I will be checking with @NetDoc (our fearless leader) on ideas to change it to something like "wrote" or "comments".

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I will be checking with @NetDoc (our fearless leader) on ideas to change it to something like "wrote" or "comments".
We've had fun with that in the past. Let's change it back to "bubbled"! It's perfect for a site dedicated to Scuba. :D And yes, it used to be that at one time.

Top Bottom