• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Highest-Posting Members Sidebar

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

This is a small mod that I coded for my own forum. It will show the x number of your higest posting members in the sidebar. It will show only the valid users. Banned members will not show up.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon.xml file inside the mod package and hit the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options->User Options and all the way to the bottom you will see a new option added, Highest-Posting Members Sidebar. There you can set the number of your higest posting members that you would like to show in the sidebar. By default it is set to 5 members. You can encrease/decrease that number to your likings/needs.

http://www.forumservices.eu

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• Admin CP - ForumServices_1327329140492.webp
    Admin CP - ForumServices_1327329140492.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 77
  • TopPosters.zip
    TopPosters.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 27
  • ForumServices_1327330451812.webp
    ForumServices_1327330451812.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 79
This is also a year newer, which IMO means more likely to be supported if need be.
Yeah that's what I appreciate the most about multiple add-ons of the same thing. There's a TON of old add-ons on here that don't work anymore with the latest version of Xenforo. Even if two different add-ons work now, one of them might not anymore after you upgrade.

Nice... you just need to now replicate the better code for other pieces, such as most liked users, latest users, etc... Much cleaner code than the above mentioned option, agreed.

Awesome mate... another xentr one removed that has lots of files, in which can be accomplished now with one and a hook... another template edit removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom