XF 1.5 Hiding members in a usergroup from others..

Glockie

Hi all,
This may sound odd, but is there a way to hide a complete usergroup and the members from that usergroup, from other groups and members?

I did try Brogan's conditional statements (still such a useful resource) but I borked it I think. :(
Basically I need to make a usergroup with very limited restrictions while the said members in the group are on a trial say for example.
I need that group hidden to all besides staff.. Also to be hidden on the online users block too, which I think I can crack but also had difficulties doing that too.
Forum posts etc won't matter as they will have their own section, same as gallery and so on. But I need the group themselves hidden.

Perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree, but I am sure it's possible?
Thank you in advance.

Just thought I'd add to this in case anyone spots anything..
In the online users block, I used the following conditional and it hid the block itself from a test group, rather than hide the member from the test group...

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_group_id } == 11">
<style> .membersOnline { display:none } </style>
</xen:if>
Perhaps someone may spot something..

Why don't you just get the members in that group to uncheck 'Show online status' ?
Hmm could do. But they'd have to be willing.. I need to do this for some members who need to be on trial on the site, and they may not be so willing.
It's probably staring me in the face how to do it, you know how it is though when you keep staring and managing the same thing.
I'll have a think and if no go then I'll consider that indeed, easier in the long run let's be honest.

Hmm could do. But they'd have to be willing.. I need to do this for some members who need to be on trial on the site, and they may not be so willing.
It's probably staring me in the face how to do it, you know how it is though when you keep staring and managing the same thing.
I'll have a think and if no go then I'll consider that indeed, easier in the long run let's be honest.

Something to consider, you can run a query to make all members of a group invisible, then remove the Show online status checkbox from their panel with a conditional so they will not be able to make their profiles visible.

Other than that, you will need a custom add on or some other custom solution as mentioned above.

Top Bottom