XF 2.2 Hide the forum title text

ioneti

hello

I have added background photos to my forums and I want to know how I can remove the text of the forum title so that it does not cover the background image.

thanks

You might try

Code:
.p-title-value:before
{content:"Newname"}
Thanks! That almost works except the main title name for the forum now gets displayed after the "Newname" content via the code you provided. Is there any other code that deletes the main forum title text and allows me to just have the replacement text (i.e., only "Newname" from your code)?

Thanks! That almost works except the main title name for the forum now gets displayed after the "Newname" content via the code you provided. Is there any other code that deletes the main forum title text and allows me to just have the replacement text (i.e., only "Newname" from your code)?
My code was meant to be additional not instead of.
Does it not work in addition to the code that hides the title? It should do I would have thought

My code was meant to be additional not instead of.
Does it not work in addition to the code that hides the title? It should do I would have thought
That's right, they don't work together like that. When I try combining the two bits of code, the result is that the title gets hidden.

.p-title-value {visibility: hidden;}
.p-title-value:before {content:"Newname"}

If you use the two above, it appears the "visibility: hidden" overrides the p-title-value:before, and all the text gets hidden.

That's right, they don't work together like that. When I try combining the two bits of code, the result is that the title gets hidden.

.p-title-value {visibility: hidden;}
.p-title-value:before {content:"Newname"}

If you use the two above, it appears the "visibility: hidden" overrides the p-title-value:before, and all the text gets hidden.
have you tried
Code:
.p-title-value:before {
content:"Newname"
visibility:visible !important;
}

have you tried
Code:
}

Thanks, but no dice. The "Newname" replacement title text is visible now but is once again placed before the main title text...so back to the original problem I mentioned in post #21 above. I want just the replacement text to show. I want the main forum title text, as specified through the xenforo interface, to remain unchanged - because I need that text for the subforum link name that gets users to the forum page. But when users arrive at the forum page want only the different (replacement) text to show.

Conversely, if there was a way to specify my desired forum title in the xenforo interface, and then use code to edit the forum's link name that gets displayed on my main forum page, that would work for my purposes as well.

Thanks!

Wow, that actually did the trick. Awesome. Thank you!
Code:
.p-title-value:before {visibility: visible;
content:"Newname"}
and
Code:
}
Are the same... I guess I should have specified you needed the first part also but simply assumed you would be aware of that.
Using the !important simply over-rides any other CSS use that is the same.

Code:
.p-title-value:before {visibility: visible;
content:"Newname"}
and
Code:
}
Are the same... I guess I should have specified you needed the first part also but simply assumed you would be aware of that.
Using the !important simply over-rides any other CSS use that is the same.

Thanks Tracy, yes I just retested and confirmed that the code you provided does work. Like you said, I must have omitted the "visibility:hidden" line when trying it out before. I appreciate your help troubleshooting!

Top Bottom