1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Hide robots from online page

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Moxaf, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Moxaf

Moxaf New Member

How can I hide the robots from the online page?
    My users do not want to see that, because this confused to them
  2. Tiki Tiki

Tiki Tiki Active Member

Edit Template: sidebar_online_users

Towards the bottom, where it says <div class="footnote">, look for and remove:
    , 'robots={xen:number $onlineUsers.robots}'
    Unless there's an easier way. :unsure:

You'll probably want to remove references to robots from the online_list template as well.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  3. Moxaf

Moxaf New Member

This is not working for me.
    domain.com/online list the problem
  4. Tiki Tiki

Tiki Tiki Active Member

That would be the 2nd template I listed. The first, sidebar_online_users, is for the sidebar. You need to edit out all of the robot references in the online_list template.

To remove the robot tab, for example, find and remove this near the top under <ul class="tabs">:
    <li class="{xen:if '{$userLimit} == "robot"', active}"><a href="{xen:link online, '', 'type=robot'}">{xen:phrase robots}</a></li>
    Personally, as the Admin, I like to see the robots on the list. With IPB, there is a setting for determining who can or can't see various things on the online list. I'm surprised XF doesn't have the same. I haven't looked around, but maybe someone else has already done an add-on, or posted the necessary code to check permissions and then display a modified online users list.
  5. Moxaf

Moxaf New Member

I just remove the robot tabs and now guest+robots=guest:)
    And I can see the robots from IP