Lack of interest Hide new thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Davyc

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an admin option to the threads; Hide This Thread!

Sometimes I want to post informational threads but don't want them visible until I have them all ready; these are mainly optional, either or threads when I post one everyone jumps on it and starts replying before I get chance to get the optional thread in place and then they have to go through all the threads to see the options available. It also means I have to go through the threads and start moving posts lol. I'm sure this would be easy to implement.

;)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If user is allowed to moderate, add a "create unapproved post " checkbox in the new thread formular :) (that's how i'm doing this in my vB boards)

As ragtek said you can moderate the thread.

Or have a private staff forum and compose them there, which is what we do on my site.

As ragtek said you can moderate the thread.
No, you can't ATM without a modification:(
That's why i support the suggestion (and post 3 was only a idea for mike & kier^^)

(I think that's a duplicate, we had this discussion including all pros and contras already)

You can; you create the thread and then moderate it.

Personally speaking though, we use a private forum and then just move them to the correct forum once they're ready.

You can; you create the thread and then moderate it.

Personally speaking though, we use a private forum and then just move them to the correct forum once they're ready.
Yes, BUT the thread will be visible for x seconds (until you hide it:P )
2. The users, which watch a forum (don't know if it's core or an add-on) will also get probably a notification about the new thread (now it's not a so big problem, BUT once we have xf 1.1, they'll get the complete post per mail)

Which is why we use a private forum :)
Sadly i can't find the other thread:(

I don't like a private forum for big boards, because i don't want to have 1 private forum for ALL mods.
Tech team doesn't need to read the mod threads, mods doesn't need to read the tech team threads, etc...
Our "Bazar" Mods doesn't need to know what we're planing for the feature,...

So instead of creating x private forums, we're having 1-2 private forums for the core team members (admins, supermods,..)

Everybody else from the team can communicate via "hidden threads & posts" in there forums...

A draft function would be good, then you can save the thread and then publish it when ready. However, just adding a function to hide/unhide would be even better; this could be optioned at the thread creation process and then changed via the little admin check box. I've used private 'out of site' forums before (when using that creaking old man vBulletin lol) and they do work, but for me as an admin it just adds one more forum to manage. Perhaps I'm being picky, but I would find this option to hide or draft a thread very useful as I am always offering my members options for various reasons.

I do appreciate the replies and alternative options, so thanks guys.

:)

Top Bottom