1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide Last Message

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by time, May 6, 2013.

1. time

time Active Member

How to hide Last Message if Replies = 0

1.GIF

2. time

time Active Member

3. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

You got to give people time to get back to you before you start frowning my friend. At least for me your question was posted at 1:47 AM so I was fast asleep. Hiding lastmessage is easy via CSS, but you may be better off having someone develop a quick little addon for this if you require certain criteria. Might I ask, why do you want to do that?

If anything I would like it to change to "Be the first to reply!" or something inviting like that which causes the user to act.

time likes this.
  4. time

time Active Member

:).

you may guide me?

5. John L.

Simply add this to your Extra.css template if you wish to hide it:
    Code:
    .discussionListItem .lastPostInfo{display:none;}

time and Jake Bunce like this.
  6. time

time Active Member

But, i want hide Last Message if Replies = 0

7. John L.

You will need an addon for that I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's beyond my skillset.

8. time

time Active Member

Thanks LP-John,

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Been trying to hide that too.

time likes this.
  10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I couldn't get it to disappear the stats part unless you make an edit in the template I suppose or display:none; both the replies text and the reply count.

I got the last post data remove,however but I'm not sure it is what the OP is needing.

Edit: *Facepalms self* just read that if there are zero replies, sorry just woken and still half alseep and agree with John this maybe add-on country

test.png

time likes this.
  11. John L.

A facepalm a day keeps an ego away ;).

time, SportainmentMG and Shelley like this.
  12. SportainmentMG

SportainmentMG Active Member

Think it would be good to have an addon that if the posts are zero it says be the first to comment or something.
    I may take a look at it once I finish my site and see what I can do - unless off course someone who has allot more skill than I do comes up with something before I get the chance.

I don't know if this will help the original poster but think for many of us it would look allot better and be truly useful.

time likes this.